RE START LOCAL (Oxfordshire, West Berkshire)
TV Energy and TV Bioenergy are running a series of local workshops and events to assist businesses (with less than 250 employees) to gain more local sustainable energy business. The programme started in April 2013 and will run until August 2014. The events and support activities are FREE and will include:
- Brokerage events or 'meet the buyer' events
- Site visits to potential installations (biomass, solar, heat pumps etc) with bidding opportunities
- Guided site visits to exemplar facilities
- Support on understanding public procurement
- Support on bid writing and review
- Support on supply contracts and ESCos
- Networking events and opportunities
- Seminars and workshops covering renewable energy, eco and retrofit, procurement and government incentives
These events and workshops are geared towards helping small businesses understand and then access local opportunities. They will also bring together buyers and providers of technology and equipment along with developers and others in the building trade.
To take part in the project, the following eligibility criteria apply:
- Organisation/ business must be a SME with turnover of less than £35 million
- SME must be doing business (i.e. have an office) in the South East
- If a larger business/ organisation is a stakeholder of the SME, it must not be more than 25%.
If you are not sure if your business qualifies please contact us. Examples of businesses that can take part include, but are not limited to:
- Installers and manufacturers of renewable energy and energy efficiency equipment
- Trade persons and construction companies wishing to expand into low carbon sector
- Potential users
- Architects and Surveyors involved in Green Deal and ECO programmes
- Consultants and advisors
- Legal service providers
Events and Dates
These will be available once dates and venues are finalised.
Please register your business with us as soon as possible to get the most out of this project opportunity and to receive invitations to events commencing in July 2013. Email or call:
Telephone: 01635 817420
These events are held as part of the Institute for Sustainability's RE:Start Local project, which is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). The project will work with large buyers and investors in renewable energy and retrofit programmes in the region to understand their requirements and the associated business opportunities. It aims to help Small and Medium sized Enterprises (SMEs) secure supply chain and innovation opportunities arising from the increasing onshore renewable energy and low carbon building retrofit initiatives taking place in South East England and beyond. This information will be shared with the region's renewable energy and retrofit SME suppliers and innovators through six sub-regional 'clusters' of activity covering Hampshire, Kent, Milton Keynes, Oxfordshire, Reading/East Berkshire and Sussex. This will be delivered through a range of activities including workshops and one-to-one support. Two further partners will provide technical expertise on Renewable Energy and local procurement supply chains and produce best practice toolkits, which will be shared across the 'clusters' with both procurers and RE:Start Local SMEs - and more widely.
TV Energy and TV Bionergy in partnership with Parity Projects Ltd will cover the regions of West Berkshire, Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire (through partner Local Authorities).